Look after your health
The Australian Department of Health recommends that you keep up your regular home care and health care. This is just as important as protecting yourself from coronavirus.
Have regular contact with your Care Manager, doctor and please call if you are concerned about any of your health conditions. They may be able to provide advice over the phone or via tele-conference, and face to face care is available.
Your health is our top priority
This includes protecting you from coronavirus (COVID-19).
Our staff take all necessary measures to ensure you stay safe; this includes following advice from Australia’s Chief Medical Officer about when to use protective equipment.
Your Luxe Care staff may have to wear personal protective equipment including masks, gloves, gowns, and protective eyewear if:
- You have been diagnosed with COVID-19
- You are suspected of having COVID-19
- You are displaying symptoms of COVID-19
Any Luxe Care staff member displaying symptoms of COVID-19 are not allowed to work – and just to be sure, any staff member with symptoms will be isolated and tested.
Tips for taking care of yourself
Good hygiene and taking care when interacting with other people are the best defences for you and your family against coronavirus. This includes:
- covering your coughs and sneezes with your elbow or a tissue
- disposing of used tissues immediately into a rubbish bin and washing your hands
- washing your hands often with soap and water, including before and after eating and after going to the toilet, and when you have been out to shops or other places
- using alcohol-based hand sanitisers (60% alcohol), where available
- cleaning and disinfecting frequently used surfaces and objects
- stay at home and avoid physical contact with others, except when you need assistance or care
- avoid non-essential travel
- consider having the chemist deliver your medicines
- consider having your groceries and essential items delivered to your home
- stay 1.5 metres away — 2 arms’ length — from other people, when you can
Remember to please stay safe by looking after yourself.
Source: Publications – Australian Government Department of Health